WELL-BEING IN THE INFORMATION SOCIETY – FRUITS OF RESPECT (WIS 2020)
26 – 28 August 2020 Turku Finland
Welcome to WIS 2020, which looks for innovations and fresh ideas in the cross-section of urban living, information society and health as understood in a wide sense. Starting in 2006, this is now the seventh conference in its series. WIS 2020 seeks high-quality contributions based both on scientific research and practical experience. The conference is multidisciplinary in nature, gives room for qualitative and quantitative analysis, empirical surveys, case studies as well as for conceptual work; thereby making WIS 2020 a perfect forum for exchange of information and ideas.
The overreaching theme of the conference is “Fruits of Respect”. Issues of interest include but are not limited to:
- role of respect and similar assets in society and organizations
- measuring and defining respect in organizational and societal settings
- respect and health and social care delivery
- respect in information systems settings
- individual and respect
- showing respect to citizen, customers and patients
- case studies of organizational and societal failures caused by missing respect
- responsible research and innovation
- trust and respect in healthcare IS
- welfare systems’ ethics
- ethical issues in eSociety
CALL FOR PAPERS
WIS 2018 will accept full conference papers.
All accepted full conference papers will be published in Springer series CCIS (Communications in Computer and Information Science). Best papers, as further developed versions, will be published also in a special Issue of International Journal of Telemedicine and Clinical Practices and Finnish Journal of eHealth and eWelfare in Autumn 2021. The full papers are expected to be 4000 – 5000 words long.
Please find the templates for full papers and abstracts and submit your contribution in the selected category through the link in the conference website: www.wis.fi.
Deadline for submissions 31.03.2020
Notification of acceptance 10.05.2020
Final versions and author registration 10.06.2020
WIS 2020 is organized by University of Turku in co-operation with Åbo Akademi University, University of Tampere, Turku University of Applied Sciences, and the Finnish National Institute for Health and Welfare.