WELL-BEING IN THE INFORMATION SOCIETY – WHEN THE MIND BREAKS (WIS 2022)
24 – 26 August 2022 Turku Finland
Welcome to WIS 2022, which looks for innovations and fresh ideas in the cross-section of urban living, information society and health as understood in a wide sense. Starting in 2006, this is now the ninth conference in its series. WIS 2022 seeks high-quality contributions based both on scientific research and practical experience. The conference is multidisciplinary in nature, gives room for qualitative and quantitative analysis, empirical surveys, case studies as well as for conceptual work; thereby making WIS 2020 a perfect forum for exchange of information and ideas.
The overreaching theme of the conference is “When the Mind Breaks”. Issues of interest include but are not limited to:
- mental health in information society
- distance work and exclusion
- digital tools to support and diagnose mental health
- social media and mental health
- getting together and interacting in virtual forums
- exclusion in digital communication
- artificial intelligence meeting the unbalanced individual
- the dark side of Internet threating mental health
- documenting mental health issues in patient records
- misinformation and mental health
- digital divides caused by mental health issues
CALL FOR PAPERS
WIS 2022 will accept full conference papers.
All accepted full conference papers will be published in Springer series CCIS (Communications in Computer and Information Science). Best papers, as further developed versions, will be published also in a special Issue of International Journal of Telemedicine and Clinical Practices and Finnish Journal of eHealth and eWelfare in Autumn 2023. The full papers are expected to be 4000 – 5000 words long.
Please find the templates for full papers and abstracts and submit your contribution in the selected category through the link in the conference website: www.wis.fi.
The deadline has been extended to 30.04.2022
Deadline for submissions 31.03.2022
Notification of acceptance 23.05.2022
Final versions and author registration 10.06.2022
WIS 2022 is organized by University of Turku in co-operation with Åbo Akademi University, University of Tampere, Turku University of Applied Sciences, and the Finnish National Institute for Health and Welfare.
All WIS proceedings by Springer: https://link.springer.com/conference/wis-wb
Best papers, as further developed versions, will be published in two journals in autumn 2021:
- Finnish Journal of eHealth and eWelfare
- International Journal of Telemedicine and Clinical Practices
WIS 2022 is organized by University of Turku